Reporting Copyright Infringements
In accordance with Title II of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), an agent has been designated to receive notification of a claimed copyright infringement for the The Center for Bioethics & Human Dignity website.
Notification of Copyright Infringement
To report suspected electronic copyright infringement originating at The Center for Bioethics & Human Dignity, please notify the designated agent as per the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), Public Law 105-304:
Senior Vice President of Information Technology and Planning
Trinity International University
2065 Half Day Rd.
Deerfield IL 60015
The DMCA requires that notification of claimed infringement be written and contain the following [17 U.S.C. 512(c)(3)]:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed.
- The location of the material in sufficient detail that the University can locate it.
- Contact information, such as address, phone number, and, if possible, e-mail address so the University can contact the individual issuing the complaint.
- A statement that there is a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted material addressed in the complaint has not been authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information contained within the notification is accurate and that, under penalty of perjury, the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Additional Copyright Resources
Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Wikipedia
The TEACH Act of 2002, Wikipedia
U.S. Copyright Office, Library of Congress
Copyright Clearance Center